Sunday, November 12, 2006

a glow fading in the dark


photo by jonah jones


i watched my Ghost just walk away into the Dark
it left me here alone and naked in the park
with the foggy streetlight paleness of my soul
i felt a cold indifference i'd never known

a strangeness from the thing i had been
an unseen Thing i wasn't sure was there to begin
and yet a fading glow in the Dark served to peak
desire to quench the thirst that is my curiosity

the tv glowing in the next room late that night
i can hear the cards are up by two top of the ninth
it makes me wonder which feeling means more
the feeling of the actual win or the one right before

i haven't been feeling either in quite some time
the Darkness overwhelms my tired and heavy mind
but in the stillness of the night i feel a prod
from the glow fading in the Dark i know to be my G-d

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home